The Common Tasks panel is one of the most important new features in ZipGenius interface. It is conceived to make easier working with ZipGenius, because it offers a “look and feel” similar to Windows® Explorer.
All main commands were moved to this panel (and to the popup menu, also). Here you sill find links to most used actions and they are grouped in several sub-panels, just as in Windows® XP. These links are context-sensitive, so they appear/disappear under certain circumstances.
Sub panels are:
- Common tasks
- New Archive: use it to create a new archive
- Open Archive: opens an existing archive
- Close Archive: closes current archive
- Scan and Zip: it starts the wizard to import pictures from a TWAIN source (see: Scan and Zip page)
- Archive Tasks
- Add file: it allows adding one or more files to current archive
- Add folder: it allows to add the content of a folder
- Extract files: this link starts files extraction
- Extract to CD-R/RW: this link can extract files to pre-burning folder of Windows XP, making them ready to be written to a CD-R/RW through CD burning capabilities of Windows XP
- Delete: deletes all or just the selected files from current archive
- Preview: this item allows to preview an archived file
- Rename archive: renames current archive
- Other Tasks
- Print file list: send the file list to default printer
- Sign archive: puts your signature in current zip archive
- Export file list to html/xml/csv/txt: save files list in one of those formats
- Make SFX: this item can convert zip, lha, lzh, arj or 7z archive to .EXE
Support ZipGenius with a donation.
|ZipGenius is free since it was conceived but its development must support some costs: if you like our software, you could support it with a donation. Choose to donate the way your prefer.|